4.15.2009

Speed Planting

Today we (quickly) planted more peppers, tomatoes, marigolds and tarragon. The reason for our haste was because we had to be back home by 8pm for "Lost." We are a bit obsessed.

I'm particularly excited about the tarragon. I love tarragon - the taste and the smell. I happen to have a recipe for tarragon perfume I'd like to try out this year:

Tarragon Perfume (from The Encyclopedia of Country Living)

2 Tbs fresh tarragon, crushed
1 cup quality oil
1 tsp distilled vinegar

Place crushed herbs in a bottle. Cover with the oil and vinegar. Cap the bottle and place in the hot sunshine. Shake the bottle twice daily for three weeks. Strain and use. This can be used as perfume or in dishes. Yum!


I hope to try this as soon as I have enough tarragon. I'll let you know how it goes.