6.15.2009

Vacation: All I ever wanted

We should have done a little post about how we were going to be absent from the blog-o-sphere for a while. But we didn't. Sorry if you were wondering.

We have been on vacation - not the entire time we've been absent from the blog - and now we are back to the real world.

At least, I am. Since Adam is a lucky ducky teacher, he has the summer off. Since I am a poor pathetic grad student, I have two classes and two jobs for the summer. Fun.

Our garden is going bananas. While we were out of town my parents watered and harvested. Here is what has been harvested so far:

zucchini
bell peppers (!)
herbs
lettuce (but it was bitter-y so we yanked it out)
one okra pod

Everything else is doing really well. Sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, beans, watermelons, tomatoes and flowers.

Our only failure so far has been our cucumbers. They got the evil cucumber beetle and never recovered.

Pictures soon to come, I promise. Adam may be doing most of the posts for the next two months because of my aforementioned dreary summer plans.